Thursday, March 23, 2006

Get to the end of the board

23 March 2006 - 1:07 AM

It's the part that will throw you highest, and we all want to aim high.

You can learn a lot about life from diving... if you're a loser like me.

Yesterday was a little interesting. A few friends asked me to go with them to Buffalo Wild Wings after school. I declined, thinking I would have practice. After the post-school study session for history, I found out that it would be too cold to dive, so me coming would serve no purpose, because I wouldn't be helping anybody out. My dad also didn't need the car for another hour, so I decided to go eat with those friends. Well, I got to Buffalo Wild Wings on Flamingo and Hualapai... except, when I got there, they weren't there. I called to see if they were on their way or something. They were on their way... to Buffalo Wild Wings on Durango and Warm Springs. Ugh. So then I drove over there and had them order for me before I even showed up.

When I got there, at about 2:35, I figured I'd have about ten minutes to eat and then I'd have to drive home. We all waited until 3:00 with absolutely no service. I never even saw the waitress for our table. So then I started driving home, since I should've left 15 minutes earlier. I took the 215 to Rainbow. I should've taken the 215 from Tropicana and Fort Apache to Durango and Warm Springs when I went there. It would've helped me get to the restaurant earlier. Oh well, I guess I still need to learn where the road goes.

By the time I got home, my friends had made up their minds not to eat at a restaurant with such shitty service, so they were on their way to my house to eat. We hung out until about 5:30, and about as soon as they left, I was asleep. I slept until 3:15 in the morning. After that, I didn't feel like doing much homework, so I saved it all for the schoolday.

I would've gotten a lot more schoolwork done... if my Tech teacher didn't send us all on inventory checks throughout the school. It's alright, because the English teacher was absent, and left us with a practice test to take; I finished my math homework just before he collected it, even if every problem wasn't done correctly; we went through the French worksheet in class; I finished chemistry in 3rd period; and I should either be bullshitting my history notes tomorrow or actually starting them tonight.

Niki came over after school for the first time in like, three weeks. We hung out for a bit, and then he fell asleep, as he usually does. I left him here while I left for practice. Practice was kinda cool. It would've been cooler if I had been diving, but hey, whatever. One of the divers asked how old I was, and when I replied 16, she was way surprised. Apparently, she thought I was a lot older. conversely, I thought she was around my age. She either said that she is or is almost 19. Wow.

That couple that I mentioned in the last blog... is back together. It's a rocky bit of a situation, and things obviously won't be the same, at least not yet. We'll see how that goes. Honestly, I hope for the best for those two, because they're both good people, especially when together.

It may have been me talking about my fucked up ear in class today and her overhearing it that triggered it, but Brittney apologized today for the shit that went down three weeks ago. I'm sure nobody knows what to do about that situation, so we'll just see what happens with that over time.

Ugh, gotta go do homework now.

Take it easy, but strike hard.
Vaniah Schwenoha

No comments: