Thursday, April 20, 2006

I'm 37?!?

20 April 2006 - 3:12 AM


That's right. This is my 37th post. If you don't know the significance of the number 37, then you obviously haven't seen Clerks.
Therefore...
Concordantly...
Ergo...
Go shoot yourself.

Speaking of, Clerks II trailers are floating around the web, and the movie is coming out in August. I'm excited! It looks hilarious. Rosario Dawson is my queen. 12 years in the making of a sequel. It's gotta have something good, right?

Also, Niki pointed out that it's 4/20 right now.
Woot.
I guess.
Too bad I'm not a stoner anymore. That's not a bad thing though, so it's all good.

Sunday
The procrastination never stops. I didn't do much homework... just PreCalc and... shut up, okay? Goodbye spring break. We had a good run.

Monday
I had to pick Chris up for school because his household's car has broken down. Shitty, because it makes us more late. After school, he and his dad dropped his dad's computer off at my house because it was having some problems - it wouldn't start up. Easily enough, I just had to start up in Safe Mode and do a system restore back to like, December. <-- That right there - you should learn how to do, just in case you turn into a retard and manage to fuck up your computer. even though it has Windows XP SP2 and Norton SystemWorks on it, you can definitely still manage to make your computer go crazy... if you're stupid enough. Anyway, I installed Norton SystemWorks and Microsoft Office on it, updated it, removed some startup programs/ programs in general, and created a new restore point. That way, if something ever goes wrong again, I will simply have to set it back to the way I left it. Smart? Yes.

Diving. Well, let's just say this:
I.
Hate.
Wind.
With such a passion. This week's required dive is a twister, which I did really well on last week. But, with the wind and everything, I just couldn't get it right. I probably had one of the worst smacks ever - landed on my back... when I was supposed to be doing a full twisting front 1½. Ouchies. I came home. Showered. Slept. Woke up and thought to myself, "Fuck. Didn't do homework again."

Tuesday
My English class is getting progressively more retarded. The AP test is the Monday after next, and we're concentrating on a fucking research report. We're going over the practice tests we take, but we never really learned how to come to conclusions and get the right answers, so it's pretty much just guessing - all the time. I keep telling people that I would probably learn more if I smashed my head against rocks.

Diving was pretty good. I seemed to be doing better on that front 1½ with a full twist. After that, we moved on to my fronts - I'll be competing a front double and a front 2½ this week. Well, they were going pretty well, so I decided to just say 'fuck it' and attempt a front triple. A tiny bit more spin or a tiny bit more rotation and a good kickout and I could've had it! I was still in a ball when I hit the water, but the top of my back and my calves were the only things that smacked. Pretty good for a first attempt, if you ask me. I've never seen anybody attempt it off the 1-meter, either.

By the way - You, the person reading this, should go to the dive meet this Friday at UNLV at 7:00. The main matchup is Durango against Palo Verde - Me against Shea Byers, my toughest competition. I could use the support, and knowing the enthusiasm that I usually get from students at Durango, you've probably never been to a dive meet, so why not go? With the low number of divers from the region, it'll probably be over by 8:30 or shortly after.

Today, I sent a [seemingly] random message to Erica, Niki's friend from Shadow Ridge. When I came back from practice, she had responded to it, saying that her school's upcoming prom was making her feel like Valentine's Day all over again, which she spent alone, as I did this year. In about a fraction of a second, I decided to make a move and attempt to make her feel better. I offered to be her date to her school's prom, given I could get my hands on a suit by week's end and that my school doesn't have a junior prom. Well, she told me that it was a nice offer, but simply too late for her to get a ticket/dress. Then she explained why she wasn't set to go in the first place... Let's just say that the guy she was supposed to go with... is an uber douchebag. From the way Niki tells it, that's the description of most of the people at her school. Okay, I'll admit, guys can be really fucked up sometimes. I'm trying my best not to do that, so long as I can help it.

Wednesday
I showed up to school about two minutes before the last bell rang. The Tech teacher said he had been waiting for me because they were all going somewhere to do something. Fortunately, the Tech teacher's pretty cool, and left me to answer the phone and do my homework, like I usually do in that class. English was once again retarded. In one of the stories that I was reading for a practice test, I came across the word 'lawless', but for a second, only saw 'lawl'.
LAWL!
Chemistry test today. Overall 50/55 points because of some really minuscule mistakes. Good test nonetheless.

I called my brother after school at about 2:30. It was pretty good talking to him. After I got off the phone with him, I wandered off into slumber, only to be woken up at 3:30 by my friend, who gives me rides to diving most days of the week.

We were outside again, but the weather was great today. Today was the day that we figured out what was wrong with that front twister. Apparently, when I was twisting, I was wrapping my right arm above my head, my left arm around my chest, and spinning left. Well, I overheard Shea telling another diver that whichever direction you turn, that's which arm should go above your head. Well, this completely changed the way I had to approach the dive, and I didn't start getting it right until the end of practice. I only worked on that front twister for all of practice. Tomorrow, I'm going to need to spend like, half an hour on that dive and then just move on, because it's only one of six that I'm going to be competing on Friday. The front somersaults shouldn't be hard to handle, but I still have yet to work on a reverse dive, a back 1½, and an inward 1½. Oh well. I'll get it.

The chlorine and sun are killing my skin. Even though I put sunblock on when we dive outside, my face is so dry that it's about to fall off. I tried helping it by soaking in the bathtub after my shower when I got home. Then I went downstairs for dinner - corn dogs and guacamole with chips. It's not the healthiest of meals, but hey, it's not like we have much else in this house right now. I fell asleep from 8:00 until 1:23, and I've been up since. I should probably start homework soon.
HA!

Take it easy, but strike hard.
Vaniah Schwenoha

P.S. - If you haven't figured out by now, I'll throw out a public service announcement:
When you read the word 'today', apply it to the day that the instance falls under. Thanks.

No comments: