Tuesday, April 04, 2006

10% Luck; 20% Skill...

April 4 2006 - 11:05 PM

15% Concentrated Power of Will; 5% Pleasure; 50% Pain; 100% Reason to Remember the Name.

^From "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor

Among other songs I have recently downloaded:
Fort Minor - Where'd You Go?
30 Seconds to Mars - I'll Attack
Bad Religion - Los Angeles is Burning
Chris Brown - Say Goodbye
Chris Brown - Yo
Rise Against - Give It All
Will Smith - Party Starter

Ok, now onto my past few days...

Sunday
Nothing. I've realized that that's what I reserve Sundays for. I tell everybody that I have homework to do, but it's just a reason to stay home all day and avoid interruptions. It's healthy in the sense that I can just relax with myself for a bit, but decidedly unhealthy for my academics.

Monday
Pretty interesting, if I do say so myself. I found out that I did just as well on my History test as I do on all History tests... 72% after the curve. Oh well. I'll just have to put effort into the rest of the quarter... Maybe. After school, I needed to get a signature from the principal to apply for Presidential Classroom, a week-long experience in Washington, DC. I have to say, he is a pretty friendly person, and very easy to talk to.

Post-leaving school, I took people home. Here is where the first idiot driver came into my day. After dropping Chris off at home, I trekked back to Torrey Pines to take Niki to Decker Elementary to help out his mom. Middle school had just gotten out, and the school speed limit was in effect. Yes, I understand that the speed limit is low so that people are at less risk if they decide to run out into the street, but the driver in front of me was driving at like, 10 mph. I switched lanes to make sure that I wouldn't get caught at the light on Torrey Pines and Flamingo, but had to switch back on the other side of the intersection because the street turns into a one-lane-per-direction street with a turn lane in the middle. Well, the driver who I got behind after switching lanes before the light had no clue what was going on, because he/she was still doing 15 mph after the end of the school zone, and wasting my time. Finally, I got into the left-turn lane and tried to assure myself that I didn't have to deal with that fucktard again. Nope. I was about to turn, and out of nowhere, the asshole turned right in front of me - no signal, turning from the lane to the right of the left-turn lane. By this time, I was so angry with all drivers that I punched the horn. I dropped Niki off, took Courtney home, and finally arrived at home, remarkably unharmed.

I bought my new Memory Stick Pro Duo for my PSP today ('today' referring to the day that this paragraph falls under). I will soon have 2GB storage space on it. Woot! It is still not certain, but it is very likely that I will be selling my 1GB card to Wilson for $45. If you want to put up a higher bid, you're free to do so.

There was a bit of confusion as to how I'd be getting to diving practice. Finally, it was decided that I would take my mom to work and then head to practice from there. In the area that I drop her off, there's so much construction that people driving through have to be attentive drivers, so I didn't have a problem there - thank God. I went to practice, where I simply helped coach the board that the coach herself was not attending. It was actually very promising to do so. Even though I may not have had much influence on many divers, I still got to be the one coaching a guy who had successfully thrown a back 1½ and a reverse 1½ for the first time. There's definitely some competition in store for me when I get back on the board. Another diver wasn't having such a good day, and he wasn't optimistic about it at all. I think that the first few weeks of success have gotten to his head, and he doesn't think he needs more work. Just a side note: there is always work to be done.

On the way home from practice, a taxi ran the red left-turn light in front of him, jumped from the leftmost left-turn lane, and pulled out in front of me, me being the driver who was heading straight. I think my car horn is learning my touch more and more every week.

I got home, cooked some dinner, and then did... I have no idea. I woke up in the morning without any finished homework.

Tuesday
I was able to finish all daily homework in Tech relatively quickly. In the middle of class, though, a fan in my computer started going crazy, and I thought it was about to blow up. The teacher's gonna have to get that thing checked out...

After school, I had to go to my brother's house to get a signature authorizing the use of his credit card to pay for Presidential Classroom, if I get accepted. My dad mailed the application and got a certified mail receipt, meaning someone will have to sign for it when it arrives.

I didn't go to practice today. It wasn't because I didn't want to go to practice, or that I didn't have a ride - It's because I fell asleep. My dad thought that I wasn't going to go, and my phone was on vibrate, so it didn't wake me up when my ride showed up to my house and called. I feel bad for having her stop at my house when I didn't even go. Ugh. I need a car of my own.

Aside from all that, I added one of Niki's old friends from Shadow Ridge to my Myspace friends list because she's cute and seems interesting. Why is it that everybody I interest myself in is either taken or G.U. (Geographically Undesirable)?

Well, I've stalled on homework long enough by writing this blog, and I will probably stall a bit more by going downstairs to get some dessert, so I better get going. Have a nice night.

Take it easy, but strike hard.
Vaniah Schwenoha

No comments: