Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cynthia

24 February 2008
12:58 AM

That was her name - Cynthia...

Brittney Rufkahr's mom passed away last night. Almost eerie how I just wrote about her in my last entry... About how many of us can not - will not - feel her pain. We will all die, though. The only thing to worry about then is how the ones you leave behind will deal with it. I hope, I pray that Brittney will be able to make it through such a hard time. If she makes it through this, she will be stronger than she has ever been. She's already stronger than me, that's for sure. I haven't had to deal with my parents separating. I haven't had to live with an extremely close family member who has suffered day in and day out as a cancer victim. I haven't had to put my life on hold for anything, ever. She has. She has and she's still accomplished so much. She went through it and she still graduated high school in a white robe. She kept up in school and even managed to get jobs - to integrate herself into the real world. She's taken this semester off in college and she still has the heart to ask me how mine is working out. It's amazing, the hands some people are dealt in life. And it's even more amazing how those people can take what they've been dealt and run with it.

That's all I have to talk about right now.

I wish you all the strength in the world, Brittney.
Rest in peace, Cynthia. You're free now.

No comments: